Thursday, May 22, 2008

WOW!

I will start by saying that I am glad I am still young because I am not sure if my body would be able to handle all of this zombie like walking, thinking, and eating. In probably the past 30 hours of being awake I have only gotten about 2 hours of sleep and even now I am having a hard time trying to get to sleep.

Arriving in Germany was exciting for me because it was something new to experience and with an open mind. As for first impressions it was a really great one. The city was beautiful, the scenery on the drive from Munich to Salzburg was breathtaking, and the little towns in between I just fell in love with.

Our first group meeting about ethnocentrism with our fellow students from the University of San Francisco went really well. I took in as much as I could while trying to stay awake after a very and I mean very long day. This week is going to be great because I see my fellow students who are just as eager as me to not only be here but to learn from each other and gain knowledge.