These past 24+ hours have been insane. I've never flown outside of the country, much less overseas, so this has definitely been a new experience. I got to the airport early, much to everyone's surprise, and got to say goodbye to my family. The plane trip to Philly wasn't bad...dinner was great. The trip to Europe wasn't as great though. I don't think I slept for more than 30 minutes the entire trip. I'm just not good at sleeping on moving things.
The trip itself wasn't so bad though. I love long trips...and they fed us and had movies and music available. It wasn't too hot or too cold. I just couldn't sleep. But let me tell you...it was all worth it as soon as we stepped off into the Munich airport. As soon as we arrived, I could tell we were in a different country. For starters, it was SO QUIET!! Then of course there were all the German-speaking citizens. So I've designated myself the group documenter...I've been taking so many videos! I can't wait to put them together into something.
So far things are going great. I'm just so tired. The trip through the countryside to get to Salzburg was amazing! It was so green! I'm sure everyone on the planet knows my thoughts on the green-ness by now. The Schloss is beautiful. It feels so twilight zone-ish to know we're staying here...an 18th century building that people pay 30 dollars to take pictures of...yet here we are! Living in this place for a week!
The climate is perfect, the food is soooo good. Especially the dessert. I can't wait to see what breakfast is like. And all the people here are excellent so far. The other group from California is also made up of all females and one guy. I've met most of them so far and have already gotten their stories (they've been here a few days) and their room numbers for future rendezvous. They are all very laid back, friendly people and I'm really relieved! I think the chemistry is perfect for some great discussion, especially since we're such a small group.
So we had our first session tonight at 7:30 (12:30 our time). I think it went well given the fact that it was our first lecture and half of us were the living dead due to the jet lag...I can't wait for tomorrow! Hopefully my youthful body can recover from this jet lag.................quickly!! *crosses fingers* I'm looking forward to more discussion and hopefully some free time in town.
This place is gorgeous! I'm so excited! I feel so blessed to be a part of this =)