Friday, May 23, 2008

Travel, Arrival, Expectations

Wow! Hard to believe we are actually here. It is beautiful. Our trip over went so smoothly, no delays, missed connections or rediculous lines. I absolutely love to travel and have endured some pretty trying circumstances in doing so. I am grateful for the stressfree manner in which we traversed the globe. I did however crave a hot shower and even that was granted before dinner and our first session.
I really enjoyed getting to meet the other students and am sooooo excited (and nervous) to work in small groups. My life has always been a little unconventional, and I feel that here with most students way younger and further down the educational path than I am. Oh well, this is where I am and I am going to enjoy every moment and experience.
The first session on Mapping Ethnocentrism was very interesting, although there were times I found it difficult to keep my eyes open. It was a very telling yet comforting thing to understand that each of us has ethnocentrism, it's universal. It is yet another exciting opportunity for learning and growth.