Thursday, May 22, 2008
The eagle has landed
We made it! I will say that I am very tired. Before leaving Philidelphia, I was pretty tired and thought sleeping the entire flight would be no problem. Boy was I wrong. For the life of me I could not get comfortable in that chair, and I became a little envious of the people at the front of the coach class the have tons of leg room. Poor Dee, she had to sit next to me and during my siesta on the plane I must have turned on the light a dozzen times! The Munich airport is way nice, they even had a small grocery store inside. The country side is so green and there is very little, if any, litter that I could see from the road. We were able to meet the other Salzburg participants today. The other halve of the group is from the Univeristy of San Fransico. There are not to many of us small so we should be able to get acainted with each other quickly. The food has been great; beat airline food into the dust. I do believe we will have our work cut out for us while we are here, but it will be most rewarding. I hope to not let the jet lag hold me back so I can get the most out of this.