Thursday, May 22, 2008

First day

We arrived here in Salzburg around 1:00pm. Now it is 9:30pm here. I am a little tired so everything is rather surreal, but Salzburg is GORGEOUS! The Schloss is beautiful. It's older than America!

The trip over went smoothly. Only a 7.5 hour flight from Philly, so not bad at all!

Germany and Austria are extremely clean. I didn't see a single piece of trash on the side of the road for the entire 2 hour drive from Munich to here.

The other group of students here (aside from our group) are from the University of San Francisco and they are very nice. I sat with some of them at dinner and had really interesting conversation.

We just had a group meeting discussing enthocentrism (to explain mildy, it is the view that one's culture is superior to others) and how it effects our worldview. Very interesting!

What I foresee for the week: LOTS OF SLEEP TONIGHT! Also I think that I will learn a lot more "lingo" concerning international relation topics and such (e.g. ethnocentrism!). I am very excited to visit Dachau although I feel it will be a somber trip.

Well I am about to fall onto the keyboard from exhaustion, so I'm going to go now.

Auf wiedersehen!