Friday, May 30, 2008

Why can't I be in Austria right now?

I woke up this morning and thought, "Why can't I be in Austria right now?"
I love being home. But there's really nothing like waking up next to the Schloss.
I pretty much passed out when I got home last night. And this morning I woke my mom up and couldn't stop talking about the trip! She practically forced me out of her room: "Tengo sueƱo!"
Going to Salzburg Global Seminar in Salzburg, Austria has been one of the greatest experiences of my life. And it will still take me some time to process the entire trip.
The seminar was a cultural and academic phenomenon! That sounds very...cheesy. But it's true. I mean, you sit in a room with professors from around the world talking about global issues, and then you look at the view outside and you see the Alps! It was unbelievable.
Being there for only a week, though, I think we got a chance to experience the city, too. Every person I met on this trip has been a lot of fun and easy to talk to. Like Clara said, I was able to relate to and build relationships with our group. And thanks to all of you guys for putting up with my awkwardness for most of the trip. If I'm not going on about religion or morals, I'm usually not saying a word.
I told Reinhold before leaving that I would be back in Salzburg soon, and I intend on making sure I go back...and marry an Austrian boy!
This trip has really been a "blessing," if such a thing exists. I am very fortunate for having experienced everything in the last week and I hope to stay in touch with everyone to share pictures, thoughts, and so that Michelle gives me my Austrian friends' emails. :)
Your friend and the self-proclaimed Global Citizen,
Julissa