Friday, May 30, 2008

Cannot Believe it has come and gone

It is hard to believe that the trip I have been looking forward to and working towards is really a part of my history already. More than that, it is a part of my future, I am forever changed! I had an idea of the purpose of this incredible opportunity to travel, and as usual, there was so much more to it than I could have ever dreamed or imagined. I feel like a part of me that has been sleeping for God only knows long, was reawakened from the moment I spotted the first lilac tree. I was awakened to much in the arena of global citizenship and being a member of the other common association we share, the human species, regardless of the distinctions we impose or have imposed upon us. However, the personal revolution that was begun on this trip will have a greater impact on my life, and that is with the limited, initial understanding I have at this moment.
As a non-traditional student, I was apprehensive about connecting with the majority of students there and in general that are usually half my age. Much to my delight, I was counted as an academic equal, despite my elementary level computer skills. I so enjoyed the small group I was assigned to, that it is hard to imagine that that particular part of the seminar is the part I was, let's just say, least excited about.
Thank you Carol and Dr. Wood for challenging us and being willing to take such a group so far without compensation. I hope we weren't too whiney. And thank each and every one of my travel companions for the insight and caring you imparted to me as we walked, ate and talked. You have made an imprint on my heart. God bless you all!