The Streets of Salzburg What an awesome day it has been! I'm getting ready to begin research about the historical relationship between the UK and South Africa and will share the information tomorrow with my group, which Michelle is a part of and Dr. Wood is facilitating! Then we'll discuss all of our "finds" and how they relate to immigration.
My morning started very early (a little trouble sleeping) so I was in the library about 6:15 am and had a delicious breakfast. Then ... Julissa and Michelle allowed me to tag along and we walked around the lake in the light mist - Julissa and I with umbrella's and our adventurous Michelle braving the mist on her own. How beautiful the scenery was and Julissa and I laughed as Michelle took a picture of fisherman in their tent on the sly. What a picture that was - the Schloss on one side of the lake and a green tent with fishing poles opposite.
I'm very impressed with the faculty here and their "heart" to work with students who want to learn. This morning Norman Yetman introduced us to immigration in the 20th and 21st centuries. After lunch we were able to go into Salzburg. What a beautiful hike that was with Melissa. We had the BEST tour guides - Dennis Jaehne and his wife Jill and Norman and his wife Anne Yetman. Dennis and Norman are both part of the faculty for this seminar - great teachers and encouragers and their wives are SO supportive and just as eager to get to know the students! Mealtimes are an adventure as we sit with different people each time and continue to learn about each other and continue our "discussions." The Jaehne's and the Yetman's have been to Salzburg multiple times and took Melissa and I on the scenic route -- UP and down. We saw Nonnberg Abbey and the Mirabellgarten's and the church bells were ringing from at least seven different churches one right after the other! What a beautiful sound. How wonderful it was for these two couples to take the time to give us our very own "private" tour! After spending two hours with us, they left Michelle and I to search for souvenirs AND our own way back to the Schloss! AND WE MADE IT BACK just in time for dinner, without "wondering" while we were "wandering" where we were. :)
Well ... I guess I should start my research -- it takes me a LONG time to formulate my thoughts and read. When I think back on the day, I've laughed, I've smiled, and I'm making new friends! Sweet dreams to you!