Friday, May 23, 2008

I am without words, figuratively.


I can't express the gratitude that I am filled with for the opportunity to be here. I have meet so many interesting people in the first day.

I was very interested in the "Mapping Global Ethnocentrism" discussion. One of the students made a remark about the difference in wanting to learn more about other cultures and accidentally learning. I feel some sort of alliance here because all of the students and faculty are obligating themselves to learn more about our different cultures and I don't feel alone.

It was weird the questions and comments that I felt confident about I didn't answer or respond to. I'm just in sensory overload, my pallet has gone crazy. There was a pitcher of brown liquid on the table at lunch. I poured it up and said, "Wow this tea is really sweet." Everyone was lighting up because we though that there would be no sweet tea. Regretfully on a second wind of this brown liquid I sipped again and replied, "This is apple juice."