Saturday, May 24, 2008

Working!



Our group is working hard? Yes they actually are working very hard. You can see by their smiles that they are very happy to be in Salzburg. We have had some great morning plenary session speakers who have challenged and informed our students. They also have found time to enjoy this beautiful location while studying as evidenced by Clara reading on the bench.
The weather has turned spectacular today and everyone wants to be outside. They are hard at work on their group projects and will tell you more about this work it the coming posts.

Tomorrow we will be visiting the Dachau Concentration Camp memorial in Munich and I know this will greatly affect our students. As a student of World War II and particularly Germany myself, I am really anticipating this visit. On my first trip to Salzburg I was able to go with a group to the Obersalzburg and Eagle's Nest south of Munich -- this is the location of Hitler's personal home. So this trip will complete the journey. Students will also post their responses to this visit.