Monday, May 19, 2008

Preparing for An Austrain Adventure

We'll be going to Austria in less than two days! I literally can't believe it. It's hard to acknowledge the fact that I'm going to be in another continent. It hasn't really hit me yet.
I went to the store yesterday and bought things I'll need: travel-size toothpaste, shampoo, band-aids (just in case). I bought a converter and I hope it works this time. I had bought one before going to France last year and the plug wouldn't fit. I also bought new shoes, and used this trip as my excuse. With all of that, I started to pack today. Just the little things. And I'll finish tomorrow.
I think I've learned a lot both in speech and history, and hope to put that to use at the seminar, but really I'm prepared to learn more while I'm actually there. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway. I'm kind of nervous about the whole experience of meeting everyone and have discussions and whatnot. It's intimidating, though I'll try not to let that affect me so much. I'm also a bit shaky about the airport. I've only been on an airplane once, so I don't really know what I'm supposed to do! I should get through it, though. Can't wait.
Oh. I am also quite terrified about talking to Carol about my topic (Relationship Models of Development). :)
- Julissa