As I am counting down these last few days before we leave the country my thoughts are everywhere; from I don't know what clothes to take, are the kids going to miss me, will I be prepared for whatever I am about to experience. My nerves are through the roof and I seem to be having a lot of anxiety. Packing right now consist of me making a list and staring at my suitcase that is in the corner of my living room.
No matter how much I have studied, read, learned, and comprehended, I never actually feel ready for what I am about to do or say. The whole giving a presentation idea, especially in front of strangers, makes me very uneasy. Yes I can get up in front of a room full of people and speak, but it never fails that my thoughts in my head are being processed a hundred times faster than my mouth is able to speak and then everything becomes jumbled. Someone please look and me and give me sign to slowdown and take deep breaths, and don't forget to smile at met to make me feel like I am doing a great job :)
The thing I am looking forward to the most is when I step off of the plane in DFW on May 29 and give myself a great big pat on the back and say, "Chandelle you did it, and it was great!"
As for my final exam in Speech and teaching a teacher a thing or two in their area of expertise is going to be challenging but rewarding. I will truly be able to enjoy being the observer and sometimes the instigator in the great thing we call communication. I hope to become an expert but I also know it takes trials and errors in order to learn.
See everyone Wednesday morning and enjoy your last days before our lives become transformed by this journey we are about to embark on.