It's 2:28 a.m. and I can't sleep.
We visited Dachau yesterday. It was an enriching opportunity that I might have never experienced had I not come on this trip. I am fortunate that I was able to explore the realities of the Holocaust (by no means actually being able to experience it). It was not, however, a life altering experience for me. I think everything is relative and personal, and a person chooses, consciously or unconsciously, what they feel and how they do things. For me, going to Dachau was an educational opportunity, but not an emotional one. Perhaps I am so far removed from what happened, or I have heard of it so much, that I have becomed desensitized to the idea. It may sound terrible, in a way, but for me personally, I just enjoyed being able to actually go there.
We met some Austrian students today -- a lot of fun. I met Vanessa and Andreas. Both linguistically gifted! It was very fun to have a "formal" discussion" with them about differences in education and then be able to sit down with them and just talk.
I don't want to leave quite yet (it's nearly Thursday),
Julissa