Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Fact of Life: "gods Lived in The Tower"





The visit to Dachau was very interesting to say the least. For me it was no different than going to see an auction block in Tennessee or an old slave plantation in Louisiana or even a port the east coast where slaves were brought into the United States. I was moved greatly, but not outwardly emotional. Dachau gave the Holocaust tangibility for me, it now is something that I can put my hands on, fill the soil, put my fingers in the holes where bullets entered the walls through the souls of helpless people and it is no longer just a place only in my mind.

Something that really struck me is how, man can become god or why do we allow such power to be given to a man. I know it seems strange but it's in reference to the fact that the Holocaust was senseless in every angle but men took it upon themselves to dictate who would have life and who wouldn’t. In those watch towers were gods in a very literal sense. They decided who worked and who buried their friends and families; who was sent to the infirmary and who was used for experiments.

Everyone got something different, for me it's the power that we allow one to have over our lives and the faith that one has in their God that delivers them. I took a picture of one of the areas that I'm going to have framed for my son and myself. It was of "Barrack #5" my son and I were both born on the fifth day of the month and I will have inscribed in the frame, "Five is a representation of my birth by the grace of my God, but for others that have come before me five represents much more. It represents the pavement of the world for global unification." I don't know it's a working progress....Any suggestions?



This is a walk through the gas chamber. I want to tell everyone about it but I think seeing the walk through would mean more. I recorded it because I never want to forget anything about that walk, I want my son to understand.