Monday, May 26, 2008
Dachau
Sunday gave for me a realization of the human suffering and how easily one can inflict pain on someone esle through the eyes of ethnocintrism. Dachau was not at all like I invisioned it to be at all. I expected a replica of the actual camp, yet what I found was something so much more profound. The large empty space spoke volumes of the dispair, suffering, and lack of justice the inmates of Dachau felt and recieved. Foundation markers where the former prisioner baracks stood represented to me a grave for those many thousands whos lives were lost. I was a bit suprized on the lack of reverence of a few people who in my opinon treated Dachau more like a park than a memorial, but for the most part it was very quiet and I was able to reflect on and aborb the many thoughts and feelings I had. On a lighter note we have been working in small groups on immirgration from the former states of Yugoslavia into Austria. Our groups works very well together and we are just about finnished. The weather has been absolutely beautiful for the last few days. I just love it here.