Sunday, May 18, 2008

Leaving my Son

I wonder would they notice if I packed my son in my luggage. I have never left my son, sure he has left me to go on over nights at his grandmothers, sleep overs at friends homes, but I have never left him. As the days come nearer I had been unconsciously convincing myself that maybe I don't deserve this experience, I'm nervous. I am scared out of my mind, I have only traveled east of the Mississippi, once to California, and there was that time my mother took me to Tijuana, but that doesn't count, everyone spoke English.

What if I don't say the right thing or I say too many wrong things. Do I say hi or is it okay for a woman to give a man a good firm hand shake. What do I wear?!? What will my son think? He is happy for his mommy, then again he doesn't realize that I'm leaving him or maybe he doesn't really mind and I'm being too critical of him.