Wednesday, May 21, 2008

First person at the airport!


As you can probably imagine no one is here. I am a whole 4 hours early partly, because I have sent my son to Kansas City to visit relatives while I'm gone and I did not want to be held up at the check in. Check in did go rather well, I was actually shocked that I did not have to go through more security measures on account that I'm going out of the country.

I am really sorry to hear Dan won't be with us but I know how important family is and sometimes you have to make sacrifices. I was really excited to learn to do the "Irish Jig." Poor Rusty, he's going to be stuck with all of the "others" for a whole week. I just finished calling my mother and sending her all the necessary information just in case I get abducted by whom, I don't know. She wants copy of licenses, passports, phone numbers, addresses, a lock of hair, a vial of blood, DNA samples you know how mothers can be, it's endearing, I guess that where I get my feelings about my son from.

I have already had friends here in the airport. It's fairly easy to when the only electrical socket is in front of the mens restroom.

Ich schreibe aus Detroit.
(I will write from Detroit.)

*Gosh I love Google Translator!